Monday, September 13, 2010

5 days down, 175 to go

I made it through the first week of school unscathed. The first week is always good, the kids are nice, the teachers too frazzled to really pay much attention to some of the details that drive me crazy, the principal still on "politician running for office" mode. We will see where it goes from here. I've actually applied for a couple of other positions, not sure whether I really want either of them, but it would be more money. DH has another interview next week, so I'm hoping for the best there too.

On the quilting front, I joined another block of the month group with my girlfriends. So the first Friday or Saturday of the month will have us making the rounds of the two shops to get our blocks. It keeps me sewing any way and it's quite cheap if you can avoid the temptation to buy something each month, something I've gotten really good at. I'll try to post some pictures soon.

TB's football season has gotten off to a good start and they've won their first two games. This last Friday, the game was called for lightning right before the first half and they had to continue on Saturday night. It was the cross town rival, so it was a good win.

That's about all that's new, I'll try to post some quilty pictures soon.

No comments: