Wednesday, October 14, 2009

More Quilts

Here's some more of the beautiful quilts from the show I went to on Saturday. By the way, none of these are mine, I just thought they were worth sharing. The first one below is the same pattern from the block of the month group I just finished (without using the blocks). She did an excellent job on the center applique piece. It is for a child's bed, not something I would do, but it's beautiful. I still haven't gotten any quilting of my own done, but we have a little break from school coming up, so I'll have to then. This is the last day of school we have this week, it will be so nice to have Thursday and Friday off. The weather is STILL supposed to be snowy and cold on Thurs. and Fri. , so perfect days to be in the sewing room. It's supposed to be nice on the weekend, so DH is taking the weekend off from work so we can get some projects done around the house. Mostly outside actually, a few loads of leaves I'm sure, some repairs, etc. I hope it will happen. I've really been feeling in need of a few days off, it hasn't been the best of weeks. One of those where I need a money tree to shake!By the way, can you believe this spiral pieced quilt. It was amazing to look at the planning that must have gone into it. Notice that the fabric matches from the center to the outside despite all of the piecing around it. Wow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are truly gorgeous Nancy. I'm not sure they inspire me to get some quilting done, since I couldn't ever do anything this complicated! But oh, they are deliciously beautiful just the same.