Monday, October 12, 2009

Quilts, Snow, and more


Wow, it's been almost two weeks since my last blog entry. More of the same old, same old around here for the most part. Over the weekend I took in our local quilt show and had a nice lunch with my girlfriends afterward. It was either that or drive and hour to sit in a 30 degree wind and maybe watch TB play football. I felt a little guilty about not going to his game, but he said he didn't care and it was nice to get out with the girls. He ended up playing a lot and having his only reception of the season, so I was sorry to miss that. He also got tackled hard and hit in the helmet so hard he was dizzy, so it's good I wasn't there for that. I might have embarrassed him by asking if he was okay or something. I woke up this morning to see the ground white with snow. It was very depressing to me, I certainly hope some nice fall days return or it's going to be a very long winter. Thought I'd post some of the quilts from the show, it was very inspiring. I hope to make a fall themed wall hanging for over the fireplace soon. I'm thinking about a version of one of the leaf quilts I saw. I took a lot of pictures, so I'll put up some more in a day or so.

1 comment:

Mrs Quilty said...

Oh No, Snow!!! Yikes! We are told we could have some of that stuff very soon. I have a hard time with winter, basically I can't breath out in the cold air. So I'd prefer to leave for winter but that takes $$$$. I love the pics of those quilts at the show!! thanks for sharing and grab a quilt to cuddle under and a good book!!!!