Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I have been sewing!

Despite the title of my blog, I don't sew many days, only some days. I'm known for going in spurts where I sew like crazy and then take a break and not get any sewing done for quite some time. Recently there were a couple of silent auctions that I wanted to donate quilts for, so I was really busy for awhile working on projects. I made this guitar themed quilt for TB's marching band silent auction. One of my good friends, also a quilter, won the bid. I told her I was happy it went to a good home. The other auction was to raise funds for the kid's summer trips at church. I donated a wall quilt, a table runner, and a fleece blanket. I knew all of the people that got those projects also, so that made me feel good. I'm kicking myself for not taking pictures of them before I dropped them off. I really loved the wall quilt I made, it was hard to part with. I'm a sucker for those bags of scraps from the quilt shop I frequent. I really hit the jackpot with one of the bags, it contained a few partially made blocks and lots of additional scraps from the same fabrics. I finished off four blocks for the wall quilt and also got a miniature quilt for myself. It was mostly Kansas Troubles fabric which I have a new appreciation for now. Here's the guitar quilt and I'll take a picture of the mini and get it up another day. Incidentally, the colors didn't photograph especially well, I think it looked a lot better in person.

1 comment:

Catsngrams said...

I love the quilt so talented you are.