Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Not the Best Week Ever.

This week is getting off to a bad start. My mom is back in the hospital for a couple of problems, one of which may require surgery if it doesn't resolve. She had just started driving again after her broken hip last year and drove herself to the hospital on Saturday. It's sad to see this happen when she was doing so well.
******
It's been great to have some warmer weather and we're getting rid of a lot of snow, unfortunately some of it is coming into our basement. DH and I took turns getting up all night to sop up the water so it wouldn't get into the carpet. This happens every so often when we have a lot of rain, but usually not so early in the season. DH is going to tear into the wall this afternoon to see what's going on. I have this dream of having the problem resolved and new carpet before SD's graduation this spring, but that would take money.
******
Money...enough said!
******
We're having a meeting after school today to find out how the school board is going to cut about 9 million from the budget for next year. I don't think my job is too much in danger, but I could lose hours which would hardly make it worth keeping.
******
If all this weren't enough for one week I also have a cold that's leaving me feeling pretty miserable. On a brighter note, I have some fun quilt projects going. I'm on a deadline for one of them so I hope to get a picture posted of it tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Nancy

Am praying all will go well for your mom.

Sorry to hear of the water in your basement....have you ever seen that stuff you can layer under basement carpet.....it allow the water to run underneath. My sister and her husband put that in and it saves the carpet from getting wet.

Praying, too, that your job hours will not be cut too much.

Hope you meet your quilting deadline!