Monday, May 18, 2009

Pictures of St. Paul....not!

We had a busy weekend with baseball, church, and moving CS to his summer living arrangements. He's staying in an apt. in St. Paul and continuing to work at his campus job, only full time. It took two trips to get all of his stuff from his dorm room to the house he's sharing this summer, partly because we had the van loaded with a bed and dresser also. The house seems nice and so do the roommates we met, so I hope it will work out well. I'm sad that he won't be at home, but it will be a good experience for him to learn to cook, etc. and these days you have to go where the jobs are. He loves his campus job doing tech support, so I think he'll have a great summer. He's living in quite a nice city neighborhood with lots of cool shops and close enough to some "big box" stores to do his shopping. Looking for a restaurant Sat. night was a little difficult, we ended up in front of the capital bldg. before deciding to turn around and go back. I got out for a photo op. since I had remembered my camera. Took a nice shot of the capital and got the message "no card". I had left my memory card at home on my desk! RATS!! I'll have to get some good city pics another time.
*******
Tonight is Senior Awards night for SD. They have a separate night to present all of the scholarships and certificates since there are way to many to do it at graduation like they used to do at my tiny school. She's not too excited about going, recognition isn't really her thing, but she got a letter from school saying that she was expected to be there, so we're going. So there will probably be some bragging in a future post.
*******
Speaking of bragging, TB got the game winning hit in his game on Saturday afternoon. It was really cold and windy and I had to bring out the winter coat and gloves along with a blanket to stay warm. His season has been less than stellar, but they're down to just a couple of games, so it was nice to see him have success at the plate. He went 2-2 since he didn't get in until later in the game. We have the last two games tonight and tomorrow night and that will be it until his summer league starts. I'm hoping for a little break to get through graduation.

2 comments:

Jeannelle said...

Nice post, Nancy, even without the pictures, but I hope you do take some shots in St. Paul sometime. We were at the Sciene Museum a couple times over the years and I could see the capital building and that big cathedral thing up on a hill. Would love to see pictures of them! It sounds like your son is set to have a great summer. Having a job he enjoys is half the battle, or more, probably.

Yes, do brag soon about your daughter's awards.....its a special time for her....and her parents.

Congrats to your son on getting that winning hit! And, brr, I wouldn't like sitting in the cold at a baseball game. At least with track, I can walk around if I want to and that is usually what I do. I get stiff sitting in the cold for very long.

May all go well with the graduation festivities! I hope your back is feeling better.

Nancy said...

I was in a position to get a good picture of both buildings, it will have to be next time. My back is a tiny bit better, I'm starting to think that not being on the tile at school will be the thing to cure it. I'm starting to stress a little about graduation....I've done nothing to prepare yet!