Friday, May 8, 2009

Days flying by.

Why is it that February seems to last forever and May is flying by so fast? I'm especially loving Spring this year after what seemed like a long and icky winter. The flowers are starting to bloom in my yard and I've been able to get quite a bit of yard clean-up done, so I'm feeling good about that. Here are some daffodils blooming in a shady side yard. Last year they came up, but not a single one bloomed, so I was happy to see them blooming this year. Then there is a clump of creeping phlox that grows a little each year. Next there is something I think is called Lamb's ear with the pink flowers. Then another patch of daffodils that are blooming like crazy this year. Somewhere here there is a picture of my daughter and her date at prom last weekend. It was a beautiful night and they had a good time. Sorry, but I'm forbidden to show her face here. Lastly a picture of some purple flowers and a variety of other things popping up around them.





I had a lot of trouble getting my pictures where I wanted them today, but it will have to do as I'm running out of time. We have a lot of baseball this weekend, bells Sunday morning, a concert on Sunday afternoon, and friends over for the evening after the concert. I'm going to have to fit in some housework here and there and hopefully get TB to mow the lawn again. I've still been having a little back trouble, but it has felt a little better the last couple of days. My mom is settling in to the nursing home well and seems to be doing better also. I hope all of you moms have a nice Mother's Day with your families!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely flowers! My husband has been bringing daffodils in all week, and yesterday he cut off a few sprigs from the crab apple tree up on the hill. Guess I'll have to make jelly this year! lol..Lovely prom dress btw. Take care.

Jeannelle said...

Beautiful flowers, Nancy! That large grouping of daffodils looks really nice. I like phlox and its nice to see some in bloom....ours isn't blooming yet.

A lovely prom couple there. They remind me of the faceless Willow Tree angels!

I hope your back will soon feel completely better, with all the activities you have going on this month. Truly, I came to dread May over the years, because of all the events going on. It would get to be too much.

Happy Mother's Day weekend to you, too!