Friday, May 22, 2009

Yaaay, it's Friday!!

(Warning: Heinz 57 blog post ahead!) I love Fridays! We're more casual than usual at work on Fridays, so I get to wear jeans without feeling like I should be wearing something better. That makes me happy. I got together with some friends for breakfast this morning. It was a real treat. Life certainly doesn't get any easier with age and around the table we were dealing with some serious issues, but it is so great to be able to commiserate with friends. It helps to know that we can be resilient and strong no matter what the circumstances. Planting flowers also makes me happy. I planted a bunch last night and hope to plant some more today. DH was kind enough to help with moving around some of the pots and washing them off as well as spraying the stinky deer spray and fixing the refrigerator. What a guy! We have our school variety show this afternoon, so an easy day at work. That makes me happy. Tomorrow we are taking SD to the Cities to see Phantom of the Opera, go out to dinner, and pick up CS to come home for a few days. That makes me happy. SD got several awards at her two awards nights this week. This is a kid who struggled in school in early elementary, so I'm so proud to see her doing so well. She is one of the hardest working people I know. We're alike in a lot of ways, but she is so hard working, non-procrastinatin', early risin', etc. that it's hard to believe she's my child. We're heading to Iowa on Sunday to celebrate DH's dad's birthday a little early. He'll be 90 in a week or so! We'll make it a quick trip as that is best for everyone involved and then have dinner plans on Memorial Day with some of our crew here. I know that this has been all over the place, but since I've had my moments in the dumps this week I felt I needed to give voice to all the good in my life, all that I have to be thankful for, so I don't forget. If you read this far, and have been thinking too much of the bad stuff in your life, your assignment is as follows: Replace all of the sorrow with joy and be thankful no matter what your circumstances. If you can't do that, find someone in worse shape than you and have them help you.

1 comment:

Jeannelle said...

Goodness, Nancy....what a wonderful post! Sorry I was belated in getting here. I'm glad you had many reasons to be happy on Friday and sounds like you had pleasant plans for the whole weekend. Post about "Phantom" when you have time.

Many congratulations to your daughter on her awards and accomplishments. And, best wishes to your FIL on his 90th birthday!