Monday, June 8, 2009

Graduation!!

It has been quite a whirlwind of activity around here this past week. SD had her graduation on Friday night. They were able to have it outside and it was the only nice night we had all weekend. It got a little chilly towards the end, after 7!! speakers, but not too bad. The rest of the weekend was cold and rainy and windy, so I felt bad for those who were having their grad parties. Ours is next weekend, so I hope the weather will be nice. I feels a little surreal that she has finished high school, it may not sink in for awhile. She and I have a road trip to do her college orientation and get her registered for classes later this week, so it will probably start to feel real then.
*****
The rest of the week has been/will be filled with baseball games, end of the school year activities, house cleaning, and party preparation. It helped in a way to have the rainy weekend to get some of those inside projects done. I'll be infrequent with my blogging for the next week or so. I hope to spend more time with that this summer and get back to visiting and commenting on my favorite blogs.

1 comment:

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Nancy....glad to hear there was nice weather for the graduation ceremony. Seven speakers....my goodness. Oh, well....one only graduates from high school once.

Good luck with the party preparations and hopefully the weather will be pleasant that day. And, a trip to the college sounds enjoyable.....a chance to relax a little, maybe.

I'm intrigued by the fox photos in the previous post, so I need to go read about them. You must have a fox in your neighborhood??

Sorry to have neglected reading blogs for awhile. I hope to get caught up in the next few days. Take care.