Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Conservatory





Earlier in the summer we visited the Como Conservatory in St. Paul while we were in town for the State Baseball Tournament. It was beautiful as usual and since we were visiting mid-week it wasn't as crowded. We also walked through the Japanese garden and the zoo, but I'll save those pictures for another day. This hibiscus and the star gazer lily below were simply huge. I have a neighbor with a perennial hibiscus that is blooming right now; a very beautiful red one and the whole bush is covered with flowers. I have my own lilies too, it's just that the deer like to eat the buds. I had a few that bloomed before the deer got to them.















1 comment:

Jeannelle said...

Lovely photos, Nancy! Quite a few years ago I had the chance to visit Como Park. Am looking forward to seeing more of your photos from the gardens and zoo.