Saturday, August 13, 2011

Japanese Garden at Como Park


On the same trip to St. Paul we visited the Japanese Garden that is just outside the conservatory. It was a nice break from sitting outside in the heat at baseball games. I didn't remember ever walking through there before, but when we told our son that we stopped, he remembered a trip there when he must have been very young. At one point on the trail through the garden you can step on stones to cross the water. He remembered that and thinking it was so cool. I'm sure I was stressed out worrying that he would fall in the water. I was reminded again that I just don't remember things as well as I used to. My husband and I had our 25th anniversary the weekend after this, so we had someone take our picture. If we look like a couple of fat, tired, worn out old-married folks, that's because that's what we are. Ha

After visiting the conservatory, garden, and zoo we went over to our son's house to meet him when he got home from work. We walked from there to Five Guys where we had a delicious hamburger and homemade fries and also peanuts in the shell while we were waiting. It was nice to go out with him and hear about his new job and catch up a little.


2 comments:

Jeannelle said...

Best wishes on your silver anniversary! (I've got you beat by 8 years.)

Nancy said...

Thanks! Surprisingly we did not receive any silver gifts that day. :)