Thursday, April 30, 2009

I'm Baaack!

I returned from my nearly 6 day sojourn to Iowa at 11 pm last night after driving for several hours in rain. I was totally exhausted, mentally and physically. My mother fell and broke her neck. Really! I've heard the warning several times, but I think she is about the only person I know of that actually "fell and broke her neck". So the next time you're warned, listen, it could happen. She fell getting out of the shower. Anyway, she had been having a lot of pain, had to wear a cumbersome brace and remember a complicated series of medications and instructions, so my sister and I had been helping her for several days. As it neared time for me to come home, I could see that she would be needing additional help for quite some time, so we checked her into a nursing home yesterday. It was hard to leave her there also, but not as hard as it would have been to leave her alone at her home. Hopefully it will be a temporary arrangement and she will continue to heal. I'll come up with more of a cheery blogging topic soon. I've got flowers in my yard, a daughter going to prom, green grass and leaves, and DH made it possible for me to return to a clean house and completed laundry so I've got a lot to choose from!!

2 comments:

Jeannelle said...

Nancy...your brief post here contains much to think about. Your mom breaking her neck! My goodness. I'll be praying she heals up just fine and quickly, too, so she won't have to be in the nursing home too long. Hopefully, she's in good spirits.

It was very muggy here yesterday, though it didn't rain, but there were clouds in the west and that must have been what you had to drive through on the way home. Hopefully, you will have a chance to rest up physically and mentally the next few days. Is prom this weekend?

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Nancy,

Hope all is going well for your mom. How did prom go? You are probably busy getting ready for graduation, too. May can be such a hectic month. Don't work too hard!