Saturday, August 1, 2009

Thanks!!

Thanks for visiting my blog! As I mentioned, it's my one year blog anniversary today. I feel like my bulleted posts are very boring and self indulgent, so here's some recent shots of what's blooming in my yard right now to make up for it. First, my Jasmine plant. The little white flowers are so interesting in their design...nature's pin-wheel. Their fragrance on these nice summer days is heavenly.

Then one of my Asian lilies. I got the bulbs from a teacher friend a couple years ago and they have really come up nicely this year. I have several varieties and they all bloom at slightly different times.
Lastly, I think this might be Culver's Root or a variety of Speedwell. Jeanelle had pictures along with a lot of information about something very similar in her blog the other day. Her's were a wildflower and seemed shorter. These grow in a shady part of my yard and are probably close to 5 feet tall. They have quite a nice smell and attract a lot of bees.

Here's a close up, aren't those little balls on the tips cool?

2 comments:

Dave said...

" boring and self indulgent"

That's mine. Nice pics. One's daily minutia is rarely exciting, but it usually is interesting to some - especially when pics are added to it.

nonizamboni said...

Happy blogaversary--these flowers are so exotic looking! Thanks for sharing a bit of beauty.