Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Block of the Month Progress

Here's the progress on my last year's block of the month. For those quilters who are interested, its the WinterBerry fabric line from Maywood Studios. The patterns are created using templates from Marti Michele (set B). This was definitely a learning experience for me. Lots of little triangles, lots of margin for error, lots of errors actually. I also got my new machine mid-year, so that didn't help any. All in all though, I'm happy with how it turned out. It took a lot of creativity to make everything square, so my most important lesson was how important accuracy is. I made the first block for this year in a big hurry and it didn't turn out too well. After futzing so much with this quilt, I decided to start over and do it right from the start this time. I still have the outer borders to add, but it seems that a sewing room reorganization is in order first, so it may take awhile. Now off to the dentist!

2 comments:

Jeannelle said...

Oh, this is just beautiful! It looks very complicated to me, a non-quilter. My husband has many quilting relatives.....they must think I'm a real dud. But, I do enjoy admiring the lovely quilt creations! Keep up your good work!

Nancy said...

Thanks! I hope to finish the borders on this one soon.