Friday, November 14, 2008

Moon Over Minnesota

We had an incredibly bright moon last night, actually this morning at 4:34 a.m. What was I doing up at that hour? Letting out my elderly dog. I'd love to sleep through the night once in awhile, but it doesn't happen anymore. Sammy isn't usually the reason; it's usually snoring or worrying or temperature issues. I'd appreciate any ideas on how to get a middle aged woman to sleep through the night. Ha If you enlarge my shot, you can see the trees a little and some wierd flecks of color. I think I must have something on my lens. I also heard an owl hooting while I was out there, so between that and the moon, and getting to go back to bed and sleep a few more hours, it was worth it. Happy Friday everyone, it's been a looong week!

8 comments:

Louise said...

No advice on sleeping through the night! I could use some of that myself! Nice moon!

SaraG said...

Great moon shot.
Take care

Powell River Books said...

We got a look at that beautiful moon last night as well. It was hard to miss, Great shot. I invite you to come see my Mackerel Sky in British Columbia. -- Margy

Guy D said...

Fanastic moon shot. Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!
Regina In Pictures

Vic said...

wow! nice shot of the moon! love it! :)

Grammy said...

Your photo is wonderful!
Have a wonderful weekend!.

Jeannelle said...

Nice glowing moon! We had some bright ones here last week, too. There are snoring issues at my house, too. Sometimes I go sleep on the couch. I think keeping the bedroom cool at night is important, too. For me, there's nothing worse than a room that's warm. I like to layer on the pj's, and then be able to throw off the blanket if need be. For me, too....getting enough exercise during the day helps me sleep better. If I sit around all day, like on Sundays.....then I have a terrible time sleeping that night.

Nancy said...

Thanks all, the picture really didn't do justice to the moon that night but I'm glad you liked it.