Saturday, January 3, 2009

A Hockey Game


DH and I have been given tickets for the Gopher Hockey game tonight. They are playing in the championship game of their holiday tournament at Mariucci Arena at the U of M. I started following Gopher hockey last year when one of my co-worker's sons started playing for the team. I enjoy watching the games on tv, but we've never seen them play in person, so it will be kind of exciting. I hope that the weather will cooperate for our trip to the cities and back, it sounds like there may be some snow. We watched their game last night after we got back from our final holiday gathering of the year. We had a pot-luck meal at some friends house with a white elephant gift exhange. I really should post a picture of the gift I got, perhaps another day.
*******
I'm considering joining my first group blog. It has to do with clutter removal and each person in the group chooses an area they need to work on and posts information they have learned to conquer the particular area. My area will be photographs, both regular and digital. I need to get all of that stuff organized before SD's graduation this spring so that I can make her a nice photo display board and maybe even an album. I'll leave a link once it gets off the ground.

1 comment:

Jeannelle said...

Sounds fun! I've never seen a hockey game in real life, either. My kids have been to a few and really enjoyed them. Lots of action. Hopefully, the weather will be OK for you to go. It is freezing rain here, now.

That de-clutter group blog sounds interesting and a good way to get motivated to do some cleaning.

And, you went to another dinner party! You are quite the socializers....and, that's great!