Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Miraculous Heating Pad

My week has been going along pretty well despite my misgivings on Sunday night. I think I had a little case of PMS going there. I've been substituting for the secretary at school all week, so I've been working full days. It's kind of drag getting going so early in the morning, but the extra money on this month's check will be nice. An extra benefit is that I haven't had to do recess duty all week. The other benefit, hence the title of my post, is that she keeps a heating pad plugged in under her desk. There is often a cold draft from the door, so she holds it on her lap to keep warm. I have kept it on the back of my chair all week and it has done wonders for my sore back. I can finally take a deep breath or sneeze without sharp stabs of pain. Nice!!
*******
My diet has been going pretty well for the most part. My only cheating was on a birthday treat from one of my favorite little guys. His dad is a pastry chef and had made cream puffs in the shape of a swan for everyone. They looked a lot like this picture I found online. I let it sit on my desk for awhile and finally succumbed and ate it. It was pretty tasty, but it looked prettier. I don't think I'll post much about my diet here. I know I kind of find it boring to read about someone's weight loss when I don't know them or what they look like. I'll make it a rule to only mention it when I have crossed a 10 lb. line. If you are interested, we're doing a version of the South Beach diet where you cut out all of the bad carbs but can still have vegetables, fruit, etc. Oh yeah and the occasional glass of red wine. :)
******
It looks like we're getting closer on the Clutter Blog. I'll be posting a link in my side-bar when it is up and running.

3 comments:

Jeannelle said...

Oh, the heating pad sounds heavenly....good idea. Glad to hear your back is feeling better. I've been hoping to not throw mine out as I slip around on the ice each day.

Hey.....you could do a before and after diet photo on the blog. I mean, I wouldn't do such a thing, but it might add incentive to someone who is dieting. I'm kidding.....I don't pics of myself on the blog, unless I'm well-hidden or disguised.

Nancy said...

Yeah, there will be no before and after pics. Things haven't been the same for me since I gained 60+ pounds 19+ years ago (when pregnant with 10lb 3oz. college son). If I posted an after picture, people would say who is that old person who's still kinda fat? Ha

Ellen said...

Nancy, I love your blog...and I've always thought that school (and church) secretaries are the hardest working people on the planet...for the least amount of acknowledgement for all they do. I'm sure you are doing a great job!

Like you, I'm excited about the new blog...and I'm hopeful that it will be helpful for many people.

Also, love your background. I adore lighthouses, too, as you can tell from my blog. You can't see our town's lighthouse from my home, but you can from a short walk to the beach. It's very cool. *wink*