Saturday, January 10, 2009

Minnesota Heat Wave

The sun is finally shining brightly here today and when the sun is out and the temps get into the high teens, it really is like a heat wave here in Minnesota. I was out this morning and helped TB with his paper route. It was so nice to be out in the sun, but it really was slippery in many places. Now the ice on the streets is melting thanks to salt and sand the city has spread out. Later I went to get groceries and a couple of sights prompted my post. A man in the parking lot on his way to go shopping had left his coat behind and was wearing a T-shirt. Later when I drove alongside a park on my way home, there was a group of about 20 young men out in the snow playing Ultimate Football or some such game without coats. I suspect they were members of our local amateur hockey team. Yesterday I saw a couple of high school kids jogging wearing shorts. I still stay bundled up myself, but it sure is nice to see the sun.
******
We have a birthday at our house tomorrow. TB, the baby of the family, will be 16. The fact that the baby is 6'5" and will soon be driving on his own makes me feel a little old. My kids will be 16,17, and 19 for a few months and it always makes me remember how busy I was when they were little. Teenagers have a few challenges also, but for the most part, mine give me very little trouble, so I'm very thankful for that. TB has no interest in being mentioned in my blog and has forbidden pictures, but maybe I'll ask again tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jeannelle said...

Your post title brought me right over. I thought that if Minnesota is having a heat wave, then maybe it will come here, too. One can always hope. I don't unbundle until the temps really are warm.....I don't know how those young kids can run around in shorts and flipflops when its so cold.

Happy Birthday to your son! My goodness....he is tall.