Thursday, January 15, 2009

Super Weekend!!!


Who'd have expected that my weekend would begin at 4:00 pm on Wednesday? A benefit of the ridiculously cold weather we've been having is that school was canceled today and they've already canceled it for tomorrow. Monday is Martin Luther King Day, so there you have it...a super long weekend!! I finally got my Christmas tree put away on Tuesday, so I've been gradually cleaning the house, doing and redoing laundry, cooking meals, etc. as usual. I think a couple of extra days calls for something out of the ordinary. I haven't been down in my sewing room for well over a week. Our basement floor project is still half done. I haven't started on my photo organizing project yet. No excuses now, I'll have to get to each of those. We've also got plans to get together with friends for a matinee of "Grand Torino" and dinner on Saturday. We'll be taking CS back to school on Sunday. I think he's ready to go back and get away from me bugging him about getting a summer job.
***************
We got a new load of firewood this afternoon, so we're staying snug and warm despite the bitter cold outside. The actual temp this morning was -24 with a windchill of -49. I helped TB with his route yesterday and just about froze my fingers; I made CS help him today. Hope you're keeping warm wherever you are, be glad you're not here!

2 comments:

Jeannelle said...

I think we had school only two days this week.....Mon. and Wed. No school today due to the cold, making a four-day weekend for my son, too...which he doesn't need.

Hopefully, you will blog about "Gran Torino".....I've heard its pretty good.

Jeannelle said...

Hey, Nancy....when you have time....there is something for you at my blog:

http://midlifebyfarmlight.blogspot.com/2009/01/blogging-friends-award.html