Thursday, September 11, 2008

A Few Quilty Things

Can it be true that a whole week has gone by since I've posted? In my own defense, I have been busy. We have had a lot of things going on at church this week with the start of the program year. That means choir and bell practice, women's group meetings, planning for the fall women's retreat, etc. etc. I've had church or church meetings/practices every night this week. Tomorrow is our first home football game with TB marching in the band and our traditional after-party, so I can't wait for that!
*********
I thought I would post a few pictures of quilty things I finished up at the end of the summer. One is my first bed sized quilt. I started this big block quilt at a retreat a few years ago. I got it home and it was too long and too skinny, so it hung in the closet for a long time until I got around to fixing it by adding a border on the sides. The quilt store I frequent had a special on quilting where they provided the batting for free, so I decided to slurge and have it professionally done. I just went with a simple meander pattern in green thread, it doesn't really show up in the pictures. Incidentally, DH made the bed several years ago out of cherry. I'll save the others for another day, it's time to get ready for work.






2 comments:

Jeannelle said...

Nice post! It sounds like you're very busy with extras, not to mention working, too.

You're in bell choir....that's nice! I was in our church's bell choir for years, but dropped out a couple years ago. Now, I enjoy listening! I'm still in the singing choir, but we're lucky to get six people to come anymore.....its rather discouraging. Sometimes, I long to be in a big church with lots of enthusiasm.

Your quilt is beautiful! And, it appears your husband is talented in woodworking!!

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Oh, I do admire your skill here. I can't do anything like that!