Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Canine Capers

Okay, there were no capers, but I was trying to think of a cute title for a topic that's not so cute. Once again today, I did something I never thought I'd do when I was growing up on the farm. I paid good money to have the dog's teeth cleaned. It feels wrong in many ways, but I guess there are worse ways to spend money. Drugs, gambling, booze,.... okay maybe not booze, but there are worse ways. It had gotten to the point where he had breath so bad it could knock out a horse. I could actually smell his breath when he slept under my side of the bed. I started thinking it was probably bad for his health and feeling guilty for not taking better care of him. So now we need to be responsible for brushing his teeth everyday to avoid this problem in the future. When I was at the vet, I noticed they had a job opening so I told SD about it and she went right over and applied. She wants to be a vet, so the experience would be great for her. Maybe I could get a discount!! They were nice enough to dress him up in a Halloween neck scarf when he went home.

1 comment:

Jeannelle said...

Oh, my husband would laugh you right out of the room! Giving your dog dental care.....well, I know it is the trend, but like you said, it just sounds wrong!! Hey, if your daughter is interested in being a vet, though, she won't mind a bit being the one to brush the dog's teeth....right?!