Sunday, September 14, 2008

Friday Night Football or It's All About the Band


We had our first real home football game this Friday night. What made it real was the band performing in uniform. I did watch the game from time to time so I know that we won 8-6. The score should tell you that it wasn't the most exciting of games, but it was the first win of the season, so I am happy for the football team. As a sophomore, it is TB's first year in marching band and this was their first half-time show, so I was there to cheer for the band. There is quite a group of friends that we sit at the game with to watch our kids in the band. We visit and pass candy we've brought from home and stand and cheer at the appropriate times. We had pretty decent weather on Friday, it got a little chilly, but there was no wind so that helped a lot. The band has a tradition of making the big "C", upper left during each game. This year the music theme is ABBA, so songs from the Mamma Mia movie...Mamma Mia, of course, as well as Dancing Queen, and The Winner Takes It All. I managed to refrain from singing along, I was too busy taking pictures. The kids wear their hats backwards after a win. Next time TB will have to wear a t-shirt that matches his uniform a little better.

1 comment:

Jeannelle said...

Oh, fun to see the band!! And, it is huge! That's great and so nice for the kids to be involved in! Our school's band is so tiny now.....rather pathetic.

And, that's nice you have a big group to sit with at games. That makes it more fun!

I'm posting a band memory tomorrow.....you posted about band, and I was just at Russell's post about the Drake band! Its band season, I guess!