Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekly update

Here's what I've been doing lately...
*****
I started a new block of the month group on Friday. It's at the same shop I did BOM at last year. It's a really good deal, you pay $5 for the first block and each month you return with a finished block, the next one is free. I was the only one from my group that got the whole top for $5. Of course I spent money on other stuff at the shop, so it's not like they lost money on me. The new series has applique, I told myself I can't do it (it costs extra) unless I get last years top all put together by next month. We added another friend this year and we all do breakfast afterwards, it's really fun and I look forward to it each month!!
*****
We had the last home football game and the after party at our house on Friday. It was pretty chilly here Friday night. We lost the game, but the band has really improved since their first game. The band will be doing an indoor concert later this month. They travel to Disney World over Thanksgiving and will be in one of the parades there. I wish we could have gone too, but there wasn't enough extra cash around.
*****
We got Senior Daughter's senior pictures taken last week. We got the proofs back and they turned out really good. Another thing to cross off the list. She has already applied to three colleges and we're doing some more college visiting in a couple of weeks, so we may have a college decision soon too.
*****
DH and I are both a little over-committed when it comes to church activities. I'm in two choirs, women's group, helping with confirmation class, funeral coordinator, etc. We have a funeral this week, so that adds a little extra work. DH is helping with a lot of carpentry work for a renovation project and has spent several evenings at church. It may be nearing completion this week, we're ready for a break.
*****
Meanwhile, I have not done any sewing since I got SD's dress done. I should be down there right now, but it's not going to happen tonight. I'm going to be putting in a few extra hours at work this week, so I will be happy for a little larger check next month, but it pushes everything else aside. Things have slowed down a lot for DH. He's a realtor and the uncertainty of the financial system is keeping people from the housing market. Hopefully it will settle down soon.

2 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

gosh you have been busy..............

thanks for popping by my blog.

Gill in Canada

Jeannelle said...

Well...goodness.....why can't you get any sewing in?! Wow, girl----you are busy! Congrats to the band on their upcoming trip to Disney....how exciting! Do they march in a state contest in the fall, too, like here in Iowa?

Good luck with all the college visits and decisions.