Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Coffee-A good investment

I met some friends for coffee this morning. I'd love to do that more often, but holy cow, $3.79 plus tax for a medium vanilla latte?? Sometimes I economize and just have a "coffee of the day", but it's just not the same. I can have coffee of the day at home for pretty much free, so what's the point? Anyway, I think someone has got to be making a lot of money on my special treat latte. I doubt it's a poor coffee farmer though and apparently it's not the owners of the coffee shop as the place is for sale. I noticed it wasn't as full today, maybe the coffee regulars are taking a break due to the economy.
*******
I don't know if I'll get around to posting tomorrow. We have a couple of days off from school this week, so we are heading out Thursday to do some college visits with SD. Our main destination is Duluth. I love the area and I hope the weather will be good enough to do some walking around. The have a beautiful lake walk and lots of fun shops and restaurants. It's quite a bit further from home, but I won't be surprised if that's where she ends up going.

1 comment:

Jeannelle said...

Mm-m.....the specialty coffee sounds good! I'll take a mocha!

Have a wonderful time in Duluth. Sounds like a beautiful area. I think I passed through it once with my parents many years ago. I hope the weather will be nice so you can walk around and enjoy the lake, etc.