Thursday, October 30, 2008

Skywatch Friday

This is kind of an experimental Skywatch Friday entry. It's seagulls flying around near the Lakewalk area in Duluth Minnesota, but you can imagine they are bats in honor of Halloween. This isn't my best sky picture, but I wanted to give it a try. I'm getting together with the girls to do some serious sewing tomorrow morning. I'm hoping to get all 12 blocks from last year's block of the month set together or at least framed. After that, it's off to work. All of the kids at the school I work get to go to the nearby Rec center every Halloween to spend the afternoon swimming, skating, or playing ball. It's usually a fun day to supervise. I would rather have a good old-fashioned Halloween party, but that's not PC anymore unfortunately. DH and I are invited to a party tomorrow evening, so that should be fun since I haven't been to a Halloween party in years.

9 comments:

Jeannelle said...

Nancy,

A lovely SkyWatch photo! Its fun catching birds in flight! Good job! Today I saw a hawk taking flight fairly close up....if only I could have gotten his picture!

I'm out of the loop now as far as school parties are concerned.....you mean there aren't Halloween parties at school anymore? Well.....the time at the rec center does sound pleasant, though, so have a nice time! Your sewing project sounds ambitious....good for you!

Naturegirl said...

OK I'll buy it...I see the Halloween bats!

Knitting Mania said...

Are those bats??? Just kidding, nice photo, good job!

Pea in a Pod said...

WOW! That is a beautiful shot! Tried making a shot like this with the birds but I always end up with a blurry ones! yours is amazing:)

Mine are up HERE and HERE. If you get a chance ;) Happy SWF!

Anonymous said...

What a serene shot of the sky! Nice that you were able to capture the birds!

My SWF is up here. Please pass by if you have time. Thanks!

Vic said...

wow! i love the birds on the view! :)
it seems so quite and serene. :)

Roses and Lilacs said...

I love to watch the gulls. Nice shot. Happy skywatching.
Marnie

Arija said...

Birds make wonderful skyprops. Well done. Bird photography is a very catching disease. Once you have it, there is no shaking it.

Nancy said...

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!!