Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Fire and Wine

Last night after a long, tiring, and super busy weekend and a busy first couple of days of the week, I enjoyed a few of my simplest pleasures. In thinking about it this morning, I realize that I'm very lucky to be able to enjoy any of these things, much less all in the same evening. Yesterday was our coldest day so far this fall, starting out in the low 20's. It was also very windy, but the temp improved as the day went on. I pulled some leftover soup out of the freezer for supper. We also had several kinds of leftover salad from the weekend. Later on, we had a fire in the fireplace for the first time in a few months. Then we had a little wine, a little Halloween candy, and watched "Chuck" on Tivo (no political commercials). If that wasn't enough, we got into the hot-tub later and soaked all of the soreness out of our muscles before going to bed. Oh yeah, and I had just washed the sheets and put on my electric mattress pad for the winter. It was so great for DH and I to have a night completely off with no meetings, no company, no practices, and no place to drive anyone to. I think I'll make it a Tuesday night tradition.

No comments: