Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Bad News

My 81 year old mother broke her hip this morning. She was getting out of bed and fell, I suspect it was already cracked or broken before she tried to get up. Thankfully she wears one of those call buttons around her neck so the ambulance came and got her. She'll have surgery tomorrow morning and then quite a long recuperation I'm sure. I'm glad we got to see her over Thanksgiving. We spent Thanksgiving with DH's parents and then went to my mom's an hour away on Friday. We hadn't seen her for quite awhile, but she seemed to be doing pretty well then. Anyway, I hope her surgery will go well tomorrow, prayers would be appreciated.

2 comments:

Mama Deb said...

Best wishes that all goes well.

Jeannelle said...

Absolutely.....thoughts and prayers for your mom being sent up right now!

Let us know how things turn out with her surgery today. I'll be praying for a successful operation and smooth, speedy recovery.