Tuesday, December 9, 2008

No Snow Day

We have plenty of snow today, but it was not a "snow day" for school. Our school was delayed 2 hours while nearly every other school for miles around was closed. I was counting on that snow day darn it! I had the family help me carry down all of the tubs of decorations and DH carried down the tree last night. It would have been so great to have the whole day at home with everyone's help to get it all done. Then this morning when I would have gotten started, my sister called and we talked about an hour and a half about this wonderful (not) family issue we have going on with my brother. The whole reason my Thanksgiving trip was fraught with stress and anxiety by the way. Anyway, there's still this evening, so I hope we can get some of the decorating done. I have a skinny tree for the family room that I left entirely decorated, wrapped tightly with a sheet, and had DH carry to the attic above the garage, so at least I'll make a place for that and get it plugged in. The snow is very pretty, so I hope to get time to take some pictures some time today. Watch for that and my completed decorating later in the week.

1 comment:

Jeannelle said...

Nancy.....your new blog template looks very nice! Quite a change.....I thought I had surfed to the wrong place!

Oh, too bad you didn't get that snow day. We got one, but wouldn't you know, the coach called a basketball practice at 1 p.m. Not that it affects me, but I'd be happy if my son were not out driving around on the icy roads.

Oh, my....an issue with a brother....sounds like home here. Best wishes with the decorating! Then come and help me do mine.....