Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Please Pass the Peace

Here's another word of peace in today's picture of my Christmas decorations. These new stocking hangers that spell "peace" and the red "peace" and berries in yesterday's picture are the only new decorations I got this year. I guess I've been thinking a lot about needing peace in my life and here it is in my Christmas decorations.
*****
I definitely needed some peace today or more likely I needed to shout "Serenity Now" like they do in that old Seinfeld episode. DH left the garage door open for an extended period of time last night and froze and burst a pipe in the garage. I think it ran water steadily for several hours. When SD went into the garage this morning there was about 4-5 inches of water on the floor of the garage. The floor drain was clogged with leaves and gunk, so the water couldn't go down. Sooooo......the water overflowed into a hatch we have leading to the basement and under the garage wall into DH's workshop in the basement, so there was an inch or so of water in places down there. The water also somehow got into the ceiling in the finished part of the basement and the sheetrock is looking a little ripply and drippy. We were working on cleaning up the mess until everyone left for various other obligations. I'll go down later and get back at the clean-up, but for now I'm venting and blogging. I'm glad we had done quite a bit of cleaning when the furnace guy came a few weeks ago, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. It also could have been really bad if we weren't at home to discover it.

1 comment:

Jeannelle said...

Your post's clever title caught my eye right away this morning. So sorry to hear of the broken pipe situation. What a frustration.

But, your fireplace mantel certainly looks lovely, with the PEACE stocking holders. When you're at your wit's end, just gaze at the word. Last year, when my FIL passed away, a good friend gave us a big wooden glittery PEACE word, which was helpful to gaze at it now and then during those hectic days.

Happy Christmas Eve!