Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas to All!

Wishing everyone who happens by a very Merry Christmas! Here's the top of my kitchen buffet with a quilt I made last year, sitting below it is my electric skating rink and a couple of little trees. The skating rink is a little corny, but I've had it for about 16 years and the kids insist that I put it up every year. It plays Christmas music while the skaters go around. It's really kinda fun. Do you have any of those type of decorations you'd rather get rid of?
******
We had a nice Christmas Eve last night. We went to DH's brother's for dinner, then went to Christmas Eve service at church, then back to their home for the rest of the evening. Our church service was really nice. SD played her violin with a string quartet for 15 minutes or so while everyone was getting seated. I was really proud of her and it sounded beautiful. The other three were all professional musicians in one form or the other. She and I also played a couple of songs with our handbell group and DH and I sang in the choir while the quartet accompanied.
******
This morning the boys got up and did the paper route; it has to be delivered by 7:30 a.m. on holidays. It was hard to get them up and they went back to bed as soon as they got done. Now I've got a couple of butter braids in the oven and as soon as everyone else gets up we will eat and open our presents and have a quiet day around the house. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a wonderful day with family and friends!

1 comment:

Jeannelle said...

Mm-m, I can almost smell those yummy butter braids baking! I'll bet everyone enjoyed them.

That's wonderful your daughter plays the violin.....a very special ability. Your Christmas Eve church service had a nice variety of music.

The quilt wall-hanging is beautiful! Kids just get attached to certain Christmas decorations, don't they, like with your skating rink. I have never seen one of those before. And, yes, I have boxes of old ornaments that should move along to another life, maybe I can pawn them off on the kids now that they're leaving the nest.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!