Friday, December 12, 2008

Skywatch Friday and a Good Day!


For this Skywatch post, I'll give credit to my daughter. She took this photo of a summer sunset from our front yard in July. I've been using this photo as my desktop background for a few weeks. The actual temp. when I got up this morning was -3 F., so it's nice to think back to July and a warm summer evening.
************
We had a late start for staff training for school today and the topic was CPR and AED (Automatic External Defibrillator) certification. Every school here has an AED, so it was good to learn how to use it. It was surprisingly easy, so if you're ever in that situation, don't be afraid to try to use it. The device automatically calls 911 and gives audible instructions of exactly what to do. In our county they have made a Google map with pin points for all of the available AED's and also lives saved by CPR or AED's. I would suggest that you Google it for your county and see if a similar thing is available.
*************
It's been kind of tough week with some ongoing extended family issues, but I'm feeling like the worst is over in that I'm trying to be able to let go of what is out of my control. It's important to remember that we can take control of our own attitudes and how we react to difficulty, so that's what I've been working on. There has been good news in that my mom is recovering well from her broken hip and may be going home quite soon.
*************
Our staff training ended early today, so I went out for coffee with three of my coworkers. It was very enjoyable to have a chance to visit outside of work and catch up with each other. Tonight, SD has a piano recital, probably her last ever, so it will be nice to hear all the Christmas music. She has made her decision on college and will be attending the same one as CS, so we're all happy about that. She bought herself a lap-top this week and is in the process of getting signed up for housing, so things are moving along. Happy Friday everyone!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

. That is a very beautiful sunset! Thank you for sharing.
Cheers, Klaus!

P.S.: please be so kind to provide a link back to Skywatch from your post or point to the badge in your sidebar, in order to invite others to see skies from all over the world. Thanks!
Your Skywatch team

Mary said...

Beautiful! Nice to think of a warm day!

Jeannelle said...

Nancy, this is just gorgeous! Tell your daughter she perfectly captured this scene, with the silhouetted trees framing the colorful clouds. Good job! I can see why you're using this photo as your background!

Very interesting info about the defibrillators. I didn't know they were so easy to use....that they give instructions and call 911....that is good to know. And, I will Google to see if any are in our area. I've been at nerve-wracking basketball games the past two nights and that would be a good place to have a defibrillator on hand, I think coaches' and spectators' blood pressure readings probably go sky-high during games!

Glad to hear that perhaps the worst is over concerning family issues. And, great news that your mom is feeling better and recuperating well. Prayers continue.

Unknown said...

That's a shot that warms the soul, figuratively and literally ... especially now that we are approaching shortest day of the year.