Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My Favorite Christmas Music

Moving right past Thanksgiving (which was okay,but not great) I started listening to Christmas music yesterday to try and get a little Christmas spirit and thought I would share a couple of my favorite Christmas music CD's. I have 234 Christmas songs on I-tunes, so I usually start that up on my computer in the kitchen in the mornings. Some of the songs are the kind you have to be in the right mood for, either too corny, too sappy and sentimental, too experimental, etc. but they're fun once in a while so I keep them. One of my pet peeves is when an "artist" really butchers one of my favorite Christmas songs. We have an all Christmas radio station which I enjoy, but some of the songs are really out there. I can't get into the metal version of many Christmas songs for instance. Anyway, these two are my favorites right now. I've loved A Charlie Brown Christmas since I was a kid. We also have the piano music, so I also have the memories of my kids playing the songs on the piano. DH got me the Josh Groban CD for Christmas last year and that is a great one too. Enjoy and if you have a favorite, leave a comment.





2 comments:

Jeannelle said...

Oh, you are doing better than me in getting into the mood to listen to Christmas music. Josh Groban has such a nice voice, I'm sure his Christmas songs would be very good, though I've not heard them. Probably if I would just turn on the radio and listen I would hear some.

I have a couple Mannheim Steamroller Christmas CD's which I really do enjoy, so I may go hunt them up them right now and start listening! Also, at Target a couple years ago I bought a CD of Christmas piano music that is simple but gorgeous.....Kavin Hoo is the name of the artist. It wasn't in the CD section of the store....it was on the end of an aisle near the Christmas decorations.

Cass. Just Curious said...

I would throw a little Harry Connick Jr Christmas in there. He gets me in the mood.....and the spirit