Sunday, December 7, 2008

Cookie Baking Crazy



Today DH and I hit the cookie baking hard. We have a tradition of making everyone's favorites for Christmas and putting them in the freezer so we can pull them out for cookie trays and to take to holiday gatherings. I started on Saturday by making 12 dozen Christmas tree shaped spritz with green sugar for the youth bake sale at church. I made them with butter and they tasted great. Today, after spending the entire morning at church, we made a shopping run for a few ingredients and then got baking. Not before putting on our oldest sweat pants however. You've got to have an elastic waits to bake cookies. :) I made almond crunchies, caramels, turtles, and chocolate covered caramels. DH made chocolate no-bake cookies, peanut butter blossoms, and Norwegian Kringla. We had a funafternoon and evening and I have a ton of goodies for the freezer. I'm glad that DH likes baking, it is a lot more fun with help and he even helps clean up and wash dishes. Here are some pictures of his kringla, just like his mom makes. We still have a few favorites to make and I realized I've got to make something with a little color since everything is brown or white so far. This week I plan to finally start my decorating and get the tree up, etc. Since we have about 6 inches of snow on the ground I don't think I'll be able to do outside lights again this year. We always seem to be busy on those nice late fall days when we should be putting up our lights.

2 comments:

Jeannelle said...

Oh, Nancy.....you and your hubby were very ambitious today! You got alot accomplished, and yes, how nice to have those goodies on hand. Good plan!

The goody tray on my blog was made by two ladies who get together to bake holiday treats while their husbands go deer hunting.

That's funny.....about wearing elastic waists for baking cookies....yeah, I agree!

Oh, my....I'm up so late because Husband's Marine nephew is here showing us photos from Washington DC on his laptop. Nice to see, but I will be so tired tomorrow.

angie {the arthur clan} said...

I just wanted to stop by to thank you for visiting my blog with BATW today!

I'm telling you, my tummy is rumbling because there are a LOT of bloggers out there posting yummy Christmas recipes today. :) Yours is definitely one of those that looks completely yum!