Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Got It!!

Here's Wilbur checking out the squirrel we caught from the fireplace. We caught him shortly after yesterday's post when I changed the bait to dry roasted peanuts. Surprisingly, both were very calm and after awhile, Wilbur even started rubbing his chin on the cage. We took the squirrel for a ride and dropped him off by a farm on the edge of town. He ran away and seemed no worse for wear. I hope he'll be happy there and not return to my fireplace. The animal control lady said that their range is 16 miles when DH went to borrow the cage. I really don't believe he could find his way back though.
******
I'm paring down my blog list a little, in case anyone notices. I'm grouping some in a different place in my computer, so not deleting entirely. I'm probably kidding myself that anyone will notice or care, but I'm always worried about offending someone. I'm going to try adding in some new blogs that I've been looking at recently, and maybe some with a little more local flavor. I've been looking for some local blogs that I like and I've found an interesting phenomenon. There are several where their entire group of friends and family must have blogs since there are so many in their sidebar. It would be a fun way to keep in touch. I still haven't told any of my friends or family about my blog. I kind of enjoy keeping it personal and anonymous and let's be honest, I'm always worried about what people will think. Hopefully I'll get over it someday!! Incidentally, I am on Facebook and have a grand total of about 13 friends!

2 comments:

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Nancy,

I like you blog's new look! The header photo is very nice.

Really now, don't you think you should have kept the squirrel as a pal for your cat?! Funny photo! You never know, that squirrel just might return.

I know what you mean about worrying about what people think. I've told very few people about my blog....I'm afraid most of them would think, "What is she doing THAT for.....can't she find something better to do with her time?" So, I just keep it under my hat.

I have started a blog for my husbands family, to post old antique photos and to post current happenings. I've sent invitations to them so they can post, too, but they act like they can't figure it out. I suppose they are too busy with Facebook. You are quite up-to-date to be on Facebook....and congrats on having 13 friends! I've never even looked at Facebook....I might get sucked in and never return.

Finding blogs of local interest is a nice idea. (I'm happy you kept me on your list, too.) :)

Nancy said...

Thanks, it's fun to switch things up now and again. Maybe we should have a blog "coming out" day- in a year or two, ha. My two younger kids are rather sucked in to the facebook phenomenon, but the older one can take it or leave it. He is the only one that will be my "friend" though.