Sunday, March 29, 2009

Gratitude


I was getting tired of looking at those puppies every time I pulled up my blog, so I decided I'd better get busy and get something new posted. I go to my blog first when I'm visiting around to other blogs, so I've been looking at them for several days. I still haven't gotten around to adding any new blogs to my list even though I've got a few in mind. I'm a little hesitant to do anything that will lead anyone I know back to my blog, but maybe I'll have to get over that. I guess I need a little self confidence when it comes to putting my thoughts out there. Of course there isn't usually much in the way of thought on this blog and I guess I intend to keep it that way, so it probably doesn't make much difference. Anyway, back to my topic...gratitude. I was given a gratitude journal in the beginning of Lent and have written in it exactly two times. I need to really buckle down and give it a good try. When I have written, I think about it throughout the day and it makes the bad stuff seem less important. If I can come up with so many things to list in my gratitude journal, things can't be all that bad, right? It also helps me to remember that others have so much more difficult things in their lives. Not all of my gratitude journal entries are "at least I'm not" or "at least that's not happening to me", but I can't help but have some entries like that. If you haven't tried it, think of some things you are grateful for, make a list of at least three at the end of every day and pray about it if you want to. Try it for at least a week and see if it makes a difference in your everyday life. I'm on Spring break this week, so I should have no excuses about giving this a try. You should try it to! It will be an automatic blog topic for next Sunday afternoon. I'll try to write some kind of a deep and thoughtful commentary on my findings at that time.

1 comment:

Jeannelle said...

Nancy.....the thoughts you put on your blog are always worthwhile. I think its good for people to express themselves. A diary would work, I suppose, but at least with a blog you get to express and meet others at the same time.

I understand about not wanting people to know about your blog. I have felt the same way about my blog since I started. I've told just a few people about it and then I've added, "Don't tell anyone!" But, as time goes on, I'm caring a bit less about that all the time. Mostly, I worry about people around my area wondering why I would waste time writing blogposts.....I'm afraid they will think, "Doesn't she have anything better to do?"

Just keep blogging!