Saturday, March 21, 2009

What I've been doing...

Here's a wall hanging quilt I made for one of my friends for her 40th birthday. She has also been my kids' piano teacher, so it was partly for that reason also. Several of us got together for dinner at a nice restaurant last night and then went to another friends home afterward for cake and ice cream. It was a fun evening and she liked the quilt despite it's flaws. I have some leftover pieces I'm going to try to work into something for myself today. I used the same pattern basically that I used for this runner. It's called disappearing nine-patch and it's really easy. Then I added the half square triangles around the edge. If you're not a quilter, you would be surprised to know that I didn't cut out a single triangle or a single rectangle or a single square smaller than 4" for this quilt. It's all in the magic of planned seams. I didn't actually have a pattern for this one, just a picture to go by, so not everything turned out perfect and since I finished it 45 minutes before the party, that's how it had to be.
*******
It's been nice to have some good weather this week and we're down to just a few piles of snow in the yard. TB apparently has made the baseball team, there were no cuts at his level since there were a few boys that didn't go out this year. CS has been on break all week, not doing a whole lot but catching up on rest and relaxation. Now that I can see the yard again I've been thinking about what a lot of yard work I'll have to do before SD's graduation party. Her 18th birthday is June 15th, so I've been thinking about combining the two into one party. We only have 4 days of school before our spring break, so I'm anxiously awaiting that and I hope I can catch up on some things then.

2 comments:

Jeannelle said...

Nancy...this is beautiful! What could the flaws possibly be? Who would care, anyway....it is so pretty.

Congrats to your son for making the baseball team! He must be quite happy about that.

Best wishes as you start planning the grad party....yes, including the 18th birthday celebration sounds like a good idea to me. ]

Enjoy the nice weather we're having!

Nancy said...

Thanks, I did like how it turned out, but there were some mistakes in the corners with the flowery fabric. I really enjoy watching baseball games, so I'm happy he made the team and I hope he'll get some playing time.