Monday, March 30, 2009

Purging Junk!

Since I'm on Spring break, I've been inspired to do a little spring cleaning this week. I'm also getting the house clean and getting out the few Easter/Spring decorations I have. I started going through some cupboards I have in my living room that have become a catch-all for a lot of various junk. I'm a first class saver, but when I get in a mood like this I don't have trouble pitching things that really need to go. A few of the precious things I've been throwing out- Christmas cards from people I no longer remember, pamplets from various vacation destinations, boy scout paperwork, old notes etc. etc. Seriously, why this stuff has been taking up space for years is beyond me.
*******
Looking at Jeanelle's old books a few days ago inspired me to get some of mine out for part of my spring decor. I have some old books I get out for Christmas, Halloween, and the 4th of July also. These kind of go with my Easter theme, so I'll leave them up for awhile. I also have a lot of embroidered dresser scarves, table clothes, etc. that look rather springy, so I ironed several of them today and put them out. I'll do some close up shots of some of them another day.

1 comment:

Jeannelle said...

Your collection of prayer books looks lovely there on the mantel! If you have any spring cleaning mood left over at the end of the week, send it on to me!! I need to get into that mood!

Thank you for the mention of my book post, too.