Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Nice Weekend

It's been nice to have a weekend with some beautiful weather and schedule that's not as jam packed as usual. I stayed home from work on Friday with a nasty headache that miraculously cured itself after a 2 hour nap. I think I had wrenched my back a little on Thursday resulting in some back pain and the eventual tension headache. After I was feeling better I slowly accomplished some things around the house. The kids had an early release from school and TB wanted to have some friends over in the evening. Some of these friends turned out to be girls, so I did a little more in the way of cleaning since they notice these things. All went well with his little gathering and I was able to watch the hockey game that evening. Saturday I went and picked up CS for his spring break. DH was working, so I went alone. CS and I went out for lunch after I picked him up and chatted most of the way home, so it was nice to catch up on what he had been doing. Today we had to sing in the choir at the early service, so we were out of the house early. It's a beautiful day here, in the 50's and sunny and I saw some robins hopping around in the back yard. I'm considering a walk later this afternoon. Tomorrow is a sure sign of spring, TB starts baseball try-outs. Our high school is so big that they usually have to cut some kids that try out for the team, so I hope it will all go well for him. More later if I get that walk in.

1 comment:

Jeannelle said...

Maybe you took a walk today, Monday. What a lovely day....warm sunshine, finally!

I hope your son makes the team. That's the bad thing about huge schools, its more difficult to participate in sports.

Sounds almost like you could use a back massage! Kidding. I hope you back feels better today. Isn't it amazing what good a nap can do.

I just looked at the PBS listings for tonight....at 11 pm is "Sewing With Nancy"....seeing that title makes me think of you!