Friday, July 17, 2009

Eeeek a Bat!!

DH and I finally did get out for our anniversary last night. We went to the Harry Potter movie; it was okay for me, but not great and has a very unresolved ending, something I hate. Then we used a gift certificate for Outback Steakhouse and had a great (and huge) meal. Anyway, with that huge meal I didn't sleep the greatest. One of the times I was up I heard this scritchy scratchy noise in the window. I got up to look and here's a bat crawling around in the window!! I'm not a big fan of bats, I mean look at their teeth in that photo above!! So, I wake up DH and he goes over and slams down the window. The only problem, he catches the bats toe (or whatever they have that resembles a toe) under the window. Now just because I don't like bats doesn't mean I want his little toe crushed in my window. So I raise up the window just a smidgeon so he can get it out. Then I went back to bed and had dreams about giant furry bats caught between my windows. This morning he has scrunched himself between the window glass and screen up in a distant corner leaving a little smear of bat blood in the window sill. DH will have to take the window out of it's frame from the outside so he can get away I think. The entire time I'm thinking about those poor girls at camp that all had to have rabies shots because a bat got in their cabin. I guess the current directive is to get the shots if you've had a bat in a room you're sleeping in, but I think I'm okay. On the other hand, rabies is about 99.9% FATAL!! It would be easier if he looked more like this other picture I found:

3 comments:

Jeannelle said...

Yeah, I would much rather encounter the bat in the second photo! Good thing the bat was in your window and not in the room, but how did it get into the window? Gives me the shivers thinking about it. I know God made the little critters for a purpose, but still they are such creepy things.

Ok, your anniversary was LAST week.....see, I'm am so behind in my blog reading. Sounds like you had a nice outing. I don't like to eat big meals in the evening, either.

Carolina Trekker said...

We went to see the Harry Potter movie this week too & were surprised that it ended so abruptly. My sister-in law said because the book was so long they made this one into two movies, so that is why it ended in a cliffhanger. There will be two more movies coming. Happy Anniversary!

Mrs Quilty said...

Bats, ug! I have always feared them and they are soooo ugly!! I'll stick with puppies and kitties. The second pic is much easier to look at!!! Glad you had a nice celebration for your anniversary!!! I have never seen any Harry Potter movies or read the books...doesn't interest me. I may be the only one in the world who feels that way, but that makes me unique, right?