Friday, July 10, 2009

Skywatch Friday


I haven't done a Skywatch post for quite awhile, but when I saw this sky I thought it would be great. The picture doesn't do justice to how blue the sky was that day, how white and fluffy the clouds were. We live in Southeastern Minnesota and have some summer days that are the most beautiful you can imagine. No humidity, mid 70's, no bugs or wind, simply perfect. Of course not every day is like that; today it's muggy, gray, and feels like rain. We seem to have enough of those kind of days to make us forget that last winter the temperature reached nearly 40 below zero F. Incidentally, this picture was taken at Oxbow Park's Zollman Zoo near Byron, Minnesota. You can look back a couple days to see when I blogged about my trip there.
*************
Today I'm off for a trip with my girlfriends. I don't have summer school on Fridays, so we're going to quilt class, visit some other quilt shops, and go out for lunch. We hope to make it down to the new shop in Decorah, Iowa. I'll honk so you know I'm there.

6 comments:

Larry D said...

Those blue skies are wonderful, great photo!

Evita said...

Beautiful sky and great that you decided to include it :)

duopastorale said...

Looks stunning! perfect days :)
My Skywatch

Alexander said...

Very bubbly cloud formations. Great day for outdoors.

Have a good weekend.

Alexander
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

MOO said...

It's like the clouds are trying to carve a canyon in the Earth. Great capture!

Jeannelle said...

Lovely SkyWatch photo, Nancy! Even some rocks in the field. But, no humidity, eh?! Hope that kind of weather returns soon!

I thought I heard a distant honking to the northeast yesterday. Thought it was geese, though. Hope you had fun on the quilt outing!