Monday, July 20, 2009

Home Alone!

The rest of the family (except for CS who's still at work in "the cities") is heading to New Orleans tomorrow and will be gone for a whole week. That leaves me at home completely alone! All of you Moms out there know that time alone is a precious commodity, so I'll enjoy every minute of it, start to miss them by the end of the week, and be ready to welcome them home when they get here. I don't have a lot of plans, probably a lunch out with the girls and maybe an evening outing. My main plans when I'm not at work in the morning are to catch up on the housework and yard work and finally get some quilting done. I hope at some point to be able to get some things done to sell and perhaps make a little money. I've often thought that my dream job would be to create things and sell them (earning Lots of money in the process), but that's another story. Anyway, I hope the week turns out as great as I've hoped. A few years ago I probably would have felt guilty about enjoying being away from my family, but no more, sorry. :)

2 comments:

Jeannelle said...

Oh, some days home alone sounds heavenly! I've wished for such an occurrence for years and years, but, alas, it never happens.

By now you probably have all the housework caught up and are busy at quilting! Or, you are resting up from an evening out with the girls!

I hope you can fulfill some of those creative dreams you have! You enjoy quilting, so do lots of it and see what doors may open up!

Nancy said...

I've got the house work pretty well caught up, could do yard work all week, but I won't. I'm thinking about defrosting the freezer, but I haven't really gotten started on too much today. It has been nice to not have to worry about cooking, but I'm sure I'll get tired of leftovers and make something eventually. Hope you get some days to yourself sometime too!