Thursday, July 23, 2009

Little Sister Quilt

I finally got some quilting done. This little wall hanging had been practically done since March when my thread ran out when I was quilting it and I never got around to finishing it up. It was supposed to be an Easter/Spring quilt, but as usual that didn't quite happen. I've had the basket of artificial lilacs waiting on the mantle all that time. Ha. I guess I'll enjoy looking at it for awhile and then hopefully get something more summery put up. My basket is really a geranium basket and has a special liner and a bunch of geraniums that look nice in it, so I should do something red to match. This quilt is the little sister of one I made for a friends birthday back in March. I kind of like the bigger one better, but it wouldn't have fit in this spot anyway. The flash on the camera made the purple border look really bright, it's really much more subdued and blends better than it looks in the picture.
*************
Another week of summer school is over! Only one more to go and then I'll have the rest of the summer free. I have enjoyed working with the little special needs kids, they are certainly nicer and better behaved than some of the 5th grade boys were by the end of the school year. This afternoon I'm taking tickets at a playoff baseball game for the level above my son's team. His season was over last Sunday, so he didn't have to miss any games for his trip. Then I'm invited over to some friends for supper, so I won't have to eat leftovers for the third night in a row!

3 comments:

Annie said...

enjoyed your quilt post..

hopped over here from midlife by farrmlight...

Mrs Quilty said...

This wall hanging is gorgeous! I also took a look at the bigger quilt it's like in your earlier post. Beautiful fabric, both!!! I love the wall hanging with the vase in front of it with the real flowers.
You asked how the selling is going on my website...it's not really. Haven't sold any from the website but it's new so will continue to add to it when I can. I have sold several of my bags to friends and friends of friends here in my town...but if someone asks, I can say take a look at my website to see several examples. Time will tell! My daughter thinks I should also sell my bags on etsy.com but haven't tried that either yet.

Nancy said...

Thanks for stopping by. I've thought about trying the Etsy thing too. The way you use your website is a good idea. PS. the flowers were fake! :)