Wednesday, July 8, 2009

It's 7-8-9

Technically, it's 7-8-09, but who cares? The month of July is sure flying by. I started working at summer school on Monday and it's going okay so far. It is a special ed. classroom, so there are 4 adults and 9 kids, so pretty good odds. The kids definitely have challenges, but they are all nice kids and very well behaved so far. Communication is kind of difficult for some of them, but I'm sure that will get better as we all get used to each other. The only bad thing is having to be there by 7:40 when I'm not a morning person. I've been on time so far, three whole days, so I'll have to try to keep that up. I'm done by 11:15, so it all goes pretty fast.
*************
We're off to Northfield to a baseball game this afternoon. It's about an hours drive. We used to go through there all the time when we lived farther North, but I haven't been there for years. I'll take my camera along and see what I find. Who knows, I might find another little treasure like I did last week. I hope the rain will hold off. Last night the double header got canceled for heavy rain, so it was nice to have the evening off. I had a terrible tension headache all day, so it was nice to just stay home and rest. I feel a lot better today.

1 comment:

Jeannelle said...

I hadn't even thought of the date today...7-8-9. Good for you to think of that. See, that going to summer school keeps your brain sharp!

Hope you had a nice time in Northfield and found some photo opportunities. I hope your son's team won, too!