Saturday, July 4, 2009

Red, White, and Blue


Happy Fourth of July!! Here's some red, white and blue from my flowers. From the top: red Asian lily, red dianthus, white goat's beard bush (top) and white hosta flowers, some kind of white volunteer flower, blue clematis, and blue sweet William. You can see the rain drops on the flowers in the pictures I took today. They needed a nice little drink, but I hope it will dry off later today. We are going to a friends house for a BBQ and then downtown to watch the fireworks display. In the mean time I'm catching up on some household chores. Hope you are enjoying your day too!!

4 comments:

Jeannelle said...

Wonderful collection of patriotic colors! Hopefully, the weather will cooperate so you can enjoy th evening's plans. We haven't gone to watch fireworks for several years.....since the kids have grown up. That was always the highlight of the evening...watching little kids in awe over fireworks displays.

nonizamboni said...

Greetings from St. Paul! I found you on dear Jennelle's blog. . .I was reading through your interesting posts. Its been a fun visit!
Your patriotic bouquet of flowers was so lovely. Blue Sweet William?! :O)

Nancy said...

Thanks both of you for stopping by! Maybe I'm wrong about the Sweet William, but I think that's what it is, I 've had pink in other years. The weather turned out great for our 4th of July evening and the fireworks were nice.

Mrs Quilty said...

What gorgeous flowers! Thanks for sharing. And such patriotic colors!