Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Misc. and Etc.

Don't you hate those days where it seems like everything is either broken, breaking, won't work, runs out of batteries, etc? That was my evening last night. SD's car broke down (twice), I was trying to trim bushes with clippers that wouldn't work right, discovered that odor has not left our basement carpet, the dog left 11!!!! little pieces of poop on the family room carpet, the cat barfed, and to top it all off, DH's paycheck was significantly less than expected. I'm sure there were other things I can't think of right now, but I was not a happy camper and feeling very PMSey. Today is going better despite all of the issues above, I guess a good night sleep helped. Thanks for listening.
*****
I added a few new blogs to my blogroll on the right. Some I've been reading a long time, some are quite new, some quite funny, irreverent, some family life stuff, quite a variety really. People that know me know I have kind of a different sense of humor, a wide variety of tastes, and some curiousity about lives very different than my own. That being said, I do not necessarily endorse everything about each blog, but I've found something I like at each one, so that's why they are there. Enjoy!
*****
It sounds like DH and I are finally going to go out for our anniversary on Thursday night. We'll probably take in a matinee of the new Harry Potter movie and then use a gift certificate we've had for Outback Steakhouse. I'm looking forward to a night out! The kids are going to the midnight showing of the movie tonight. They like to go to the midnight showings of the big releases to see all of the people in costumes and enjoy the big crowd of teenagers I guess.

2 comments:

Jeannelle said...

Oh, sorry to hear of your bad, awful, horrible evening (isn't there a movie title similar to that?). Amazing how a night's sleep can change one's outlook, though.

Nancy, you're just the sort of person I enjoy being acquainted with....and, your second paragraph spells out why!

When is your anniversary? Maybe I missed a post about it.....I'm just now catching up on reading blogs. Our anniversary is today, the 22nd! How cool that our anniversaries are close, or perhaps on the same day? Have a wonderful evening out! I've never heard about costumes being worn to midnight movie showings.....is that a tradition everywhere, or just in your area, I wonder?

Nancy said...

Happy Anniversary! Ours was June 21st, 23 years for us. There aren't usually a lot of costumes, but I think they do that some other places too, particularly for movies where the actors wear costumes, like superheroes, Star Wars, etc.