Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Busy Week

Well, despite my pledge to do better with the blog this week, it hasn't happened and I've resorted to doing a weekly re-cap of happenings around here.
*Had a lovely birthday last week and had both lunch and dinner out. That's a real treat since I'm really in the summer doldrums with my cooking.
*Spent Friday evening at our friends house drinking wine and watching the Olympics. I've watched a LOT of Olympics this week, which would partly explain why I've got little else done.
*Went to a local baseball college league game in the Outback Steakhouse box. It was fun and the food was great and there was a "fireworks spectacular" afterwards. They won the game which was rare and it was a nice evening weather wise too.
* Sunday we had our annual outdoor church service and potluck lunch. It was very well attended and again a lovely day. The verses of the day were some of my favorites from Romans. My son brought his girlfriend to see what our church was like. Her's is a much more contemporary type church I guess.
*The rest of the week has been driving to band camp, getting the high school kids registered for school, and getting college son ready to move back to campus tomorrow. It is really seeming like summer is nearly over and I'm really bummed. NOT looking forward to going back to work.
*Tonight I'm going out to dinner with a bunch of girlfriends to celebrate our August birthdays.
* I've been doing a little sewing and I'm trying to make a cute potholder for each friend for tonight, but it's not going well. I'll post a picture if they miraculously work out.

2 comments:

Jeannelle said...

I think this recap of your weeks activities makes a very nice blogpost!

Belated "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" wishes to you! God's blessings to you! (Can you tell us how old you are? I'm sure you're younger than me.)

You may have mentioned it before and I forgot.....are you a teacher?

Nancy said...

Thanks for the comment Jeannelle, I've kind of stalled in my blogging. I'm doing a college visit with my daughter the next couple of days, so I'm going to take some pics. I enjoyed seeing yours of UNI. I turned 43 on my birthday. Back at school I'm a paraprofessional, in old-speak a teacher's aid. You can't say aid anymore because of AIDS. :)