Thursday, August 14, 2008

Dog beauty shop


It was bath and haircut day for Sammy, our 10 year old Maltese, today. He was looking pretty shaggy and stinky too. I still need to trim his nails, the poor guy hates that! I have been his "beautician" for several years, he is a very patient customer and it seems like the older he gets, the better he is about sitting still for his haircut. He has fine, non-shedding, hair so I do it all with a special dog scissors that has rounded tips so I don't poke him in the eye or something. Doesn't he look cute?

2 comments:

Jeannelle said...

Oh, so sweet! Our two dogs are of the outdoor, dirty-all-the-time, farm variety. My husband does trim their straggly fur in the summer. I can't imagine trying to trim their nails!

Liz Hinds said...

He is gorgeous! We have a photo of George being washed in the sink just after we got him. I don't think he'd fit in now!