Friday, August 15, 2008

A New Window on the World

We just finished putting in a new picture window in the living room. The old one had a broken seal when we bought the house 8 years ago. It was cloudy and dirty looking between the glass where we couldn't clean it. So we finally broke down and got a new window. I think it looks great and it matches the side windows very well. It is vinyl inside and out, but the vinyl inside is made to look like wood and it matches our dark wood work pretty well. I got the painting and staining the little pieces of wood done and now I just have to clean up and put the furniture back where it belongs. I was teasing hubby that now that I have all of this light I can see that I need new furniture too. That won't happen for now, but what was I thinking buying a floral couch? By the way, hubby did all the installation, I'm so glad he's handy that way.

I went to the first class for my new sewing machine last night. I thought it might be boring, but it was really informative and I learned a lot. My new machine can do a lot and I have these grandiose ideas of making things and selling them on-line and making so much money that I quit my other job and stay home and sew all the time and go to lots of quilt retreats with my girlfriends. It could happen! :)

2 comments:

Idaho Quilter said...

Just stopped by to say hello, aren't new windows wonderful, I saved a lot on my heat and cooling bill with mine.

Jeannelle said...

Your new window looks beautiful.....what a lovely corner. Yes, we had a floral couch once, too.....

Yes.....it could happen! Don't stop dreaming about your sewing and quilting taking you in new directions! Take little steps here and there and see what happens!

I truly would order one of those purses from you!