Saturday, August 2, 2008

A Slow Saturday












Kind of a slow day today. We've been doing yard work with plenty of breaks. Surprisingly the weather is perfect today, low 80's without the humidity we've had. My two sons and my daughter aren't always to excited about helping with yardwork, but we got the rest of the bushes trimmed and a lot of weeds pulled. The boys also cleaned the basement lair as college son is having a bunch of friends over tonight for pizza and a movie. We thought about a trip to the county fair tonight, but that may not happen. We have a few more days to make it out there. I like to see the farm animals and the quilts and eat some really great fair food, so it would be fun to go. I still hope to get a little sewing done tonight. I have been working on a little wallhanging that seems to have had about every seam ripped out at one time, bleagh! I think it will look okay when it's done though.

2 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

It looks like you have a very restful, shady yard.

P.S. I love your blog name.

Jeannelle said...

Your yard looks peaceful and inviting! Isn't it great when kids get motivated to help clean because they have friends coming over!