Sunday, August 10, 2008

Old picture...New post

Wow, this blogging thing is harder than I thought. I look at some of these other blogs that find interesting things to blog about everyday and I feel like I'm not making the cut. In the last few days I've done no interesting sewing to take a picture of. I did some yard work, but I forgot to take any pictures. I was just thinking "I could take a picture now", but realized I can't. Why? Well, I'm wearing pajama pants and the top I wore to church this morning. At 5:45 in the afternoon. It has been a good day and I just got up from an afternoon nap in case you're wondering. If you've never been to Minnesota in the summer, this was one of those glorious days that we dream about in the middle of the winter when it's been below zero for a week straight and all you see anywhere is dirty snow and ice. 75 degrees, low humidity, bright blue sky, light winds...perfect! This afternoon, we went to a friends house for her belated graduation party. It was nice to be with so many friends and have some really yummy snacks while sitting outside in this wonderful weather.

Tonight, we are going to the Sunday night concert in the park. It's hip-hop week. I'm not really into the hip-hop, but I've had fun talking to my kids about the concert. I told them I was going to "get jiggy with it", but they told me that reference was about 15 years out of date. Whatever. Then we starting talking about Will Smith and college son recited the entire intro "rap" to the old TV show "The Fresh Prince of Belair". How he can remember that, but not anything I tell him is beyond me. Well, I'd better go and get some pants on so that I can be seen in public.

Regarding my blog...I'll try harder this week. Oh and I forgot the point I was making that I've added an old picture containing some evening primrose (the yellow flowers) for the benefit of Jeannelle one of my first readers.

1 comment:

Jeannelle said...

Oh.....you could have had someone take a photo of your Sunday nap outfit!! A new fashion style! Been there, done that. And, isn't a Sunday afternoon nap just the best thing sometimes.

I'm trying to get back to reading blogs......sorry to have neglected doing that for a couple weeks.

Your flower photo is lovely.....thank you for the mention!